Friday, November 16, 2007

Some Great Blogs to Peruse

Nice to have some good news to report--namely, that I've added three great blogs to my blogroll.

1. The Psych Central Blog by John Grohol. John is a great psychologist and web expert who I know personally. While I've known about his famous Psych Central website for a long time, I only just started reading his blog. He's been posting at a furious pace (unlike me) and everything he writes is interesting and fresh. I'm not really sure how he does it, I just know I'm jealous.

2. PostScript, the new blog by Kate Peterson and The Prescription Project. These are more or less weekly postings covering the world of excessive drug industry influence in medicine. They are thorough, informative, and beautifully written. These are not rants pounded out in the middle of the night, unlike some blogs I know!

3. Hooked: Ethics, Medicine, and Pharma, by Howard Brody. Dr. Brody is an ethics expert and author of the book Hooked, which argues eloquently that we physicians need to reclaim our integrity. Don't blame Pharma, people, it's up to us!

2 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

I would encourage your readers to check out the Psych Central's Top 10 Bipolar blogs and the Top 10 Depression blogs as well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words and alerting your readers to our efforts.. We follow your blog too!